October 10, 2015: Laughing the night away for a good cause makes a fun event more satisfying as attendees of this year’s 4th Annual Night of Comedy fundraiser for local non-profit Special Kids Special Families (SKSF) already know. This year’s comedian, James Johann, aka “Rural Genius”, is one of the most popular comedians touring nationally and has appeared on shows such as CMT’s Comedy Stage, CBS’ The Late Late Show and Comedy Central.
The event will raise funds for Zach’s Place one of SKSF’s main programs. Zach’s Place is one of only two licensed, day-care providers in the state of Colorado with the focus and training to provide both respite and day care for children with intellectual, physical and emotional disabilities.
- Event: Night of Comedy Fundraiser
- 6pm – 9pm; Saturday, October 10th, 2015
- Doubletree by Hilton – 1775 E. Cheyenne Mountain Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- Tickets are $70; $120 for two; $450 for a table of 8 guests
- Tickets are available online at SKSFcolorado.org or by calling 719/447-8983
- A silent auction will be held during the event
“James Johann is the perfect fit for our event with his family-friendly act and his small Midwestern town upbringing,” said event committee chair, Kira Davis. “Colorado Springs is the kind of town that not only gets his humor but lives it as well.” Johan is known for delivering powerful performances alongside some of the top grossing names in the industry such as Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Ron White and Tracy Morgan.
The event, presented by Mortgage Solutions Financial, is once again emceed by KRDO NewsChannel 13 Anchorman, Jon Karroll. Media sponsors include The Colorado Springs Gazette and ABC’s KRDO NewsChannel 13.
About Special Kids Special Families (SKSF): a non-profit umbrella organization with several unique programs designed to support people with disabilities of all ages from early childhood through adult as well as their families and caregivers. SKSF offers three main programs including:
- The Child and Family Services Program that encompasses Zach’s Place, which is the only licensed child care facility in the Pikes Peak Region with the focus and training to provide day care and respite services to children with disabilities;
- Adult Services offering day programs and Host Home opportunities for adults; and
- SKSF Child Placement Agency considered a “go-to” agency for foster and adoption placement for children with disabilities.
For more information about SKSF, call 719/447-8983 or visit www.SKSFcolorado.org.