6/23/18: Bluegrass, Brews & Brats – It’s a Wrap!
Hundreds of people enjoyed a fun evening of music, dancing and food! Our 3rd annual BBB held at the Manitou Springs Memorial/City Hall in downtown Manitou on Saturday, June 23rd was a GREAT SUCCESS! This event helped raise funds for SKSF’s Zach’s Place program for children with disabilities and their families. Wonderful drawing packages were awarded throughout the event and craft breweries showed off their best brews – thanks to Bristol Brewing Company, Fossil Craft Beer Company, Storybook Brewing & Colorado Mountain Brewery. Thanks to the awesome music provided by Acme Bluegrass Band and WireWood Station for kicking up some country boots!!
Thanks to our sponsors Wellcare, Inc., Berwick Electric, Michelle Fisher with Moves by Michelle RE/MAX, Team Select Home Care, Aaron Horn with Colorado Springs Commercial Real Estate, Centura/Penrose St. Francis, Mark Schaefer with Simple CPR, Amy Gehrett with Farm Bureau Insurance and The Colorado Springs Independent as our media sponsor.
Special thanks to –
- Thanks to all the businesses that donated prizes to our drawing;
- FOX21 Morning News team for promoting our event;
- Mia Atkins at FOX21 Living Local;
- Sarada Connors at KVOR 740am for media coverage;
- Tri-Star Masonry for your donation;
- Linda Warren for your fun photo booth & taking photos;
- SKSF Board Members – John Butts, Kathy Ciano-McGee, Harold Jordan and Mark Schaefer for their donations and volunteer contributions;
- Swire Distributing for their soda donation;
- Chef Greg Harsch and wife, Myong for their contributions of making the yummy tasting macaroni salad;
- Rocky Mountain PACE for the use of their kitchen;
- Our wonderful volunteers and SKSF staff that contributed their time and energy to creating such a successful event – we could NOT have done it without you!!
3/10/18: Bowlathon 2018 – It’s a Wrap!
What a wonderful and FUN fundraising event! Our 9th annual Bowl-a-thon held at King Pin Lanes on Saturday, March 10th was a great success! Everyone who attended had a great time bowling, laughing, showing their green and raising funds for SKSF programs for children and adults with disabilities and their families. Drawing prizes were awarded throughout the event and prizes were given in several categories.
Thanks to our PRESENTING $2,000 sponsor NuStar Energy, in addition to our other sponsors: Vinton Law Firm, Warren Management Group, Berwick Electric, Blazer Electric, Simple CPR, Tri Star Masonry and E-Z Way Rental which were recognized on Facebook, in the program, over the PA, with banners at the event and in on our E-News. Bowlers raised funds through pledges and participants made donations. In total, over $8,000 was raised to support SKSF programming to ensure that SKSF can continue to provide respite and child care services to our region for families of children and adults with disabilities.
Thanks to all the businesses that donated prizes to our drawing.
10/28/17: Night of Comedy
Thanks to our sponsors for their support including all guests, volunteers and donors to our silent auction!
PRESENTING SPONSOR: AspenPointe; in addition to sponsors: Academy Bank, Aspen View Homes, NuStar Energy, PSA Healthcare, Warren Management Group, Koscove Metal, RPS Healthcare, A Rise Above, Fillmore Veterinary Hospital, Chuck Murphy & Gary Feffer, Pentrust Mortgage Group, BM&M Brokerage, Community Health Partnerships, Moody Insurance, Maxim Healthcare Services, C.A.R.S. (Colorado Automotive Restoration Services) and Music Therapy Works. Thanks to MEDIA sponsors: KRDO NewsChannel 13 and The Colorado Springs Gazette.